Covid-secure FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you want to know more about what we’re doing in our restaurants, please read the FAQs below:
What are we doing to help keep our guests safe?
We’re doing as much as we possibly can. In line with Government guidelines, we’ve carried out a site-specific Risk Assessment in all of our restaurants and have made the following changes:
- Our tables have been moved to ensure the appropriate social distancing is in place between guests, unfortunately, this does mean we’re not able to move our tables around to accommodate bigger groups. If you’d like to dine as a bigger group (and we’d love you to!), then please book your table and well make sure your table is ready and waiting.
- We’ve put new signage and floor stickers in every restaurant to remind everyone about social distancing
- We’ve put ‘one way systems’ in place where we can, and there are clearly marked waiting areas for those waiting to take their food away
- Hand sanitiser is freely available in all restaurants for all of our customers
How will you ensure we won't get the virus from other guests?
Sadly, there are no guarantees in life, but we’ve introduced a host of different measures to reduce the risk of virus transfer. Some of these measures are listed below:
- Our tables are not set before you arrive. The tables may look a little bare (forgive us) but our team will bring you cutlery and glasses when you order.
- We’ve up-ed our game when it comes to cleaning. We’re cleaning more often throughout the day and, as you would expect, frequent touch points (door handles, tables etc) and toilets are our top priority.
- We thoroughly clean every table and chair between customers so you can be confident your table is clean enough to eat your dinner off!
- Our menus are now single-use (removing the risk of cross-contamination) or you can keep yourself-to-yourself completely and order online from your seat. Simple instructions are on every table.
- We’re no longer accepting cash. We’re asking you to pay by card, and payment machines are fully sanitised between every use.
Why is there a smaller menu?
- We’ve simplified our menu to enable our teams to respect social distancing in our kitchens. Normally, in our super-busy kitchens, we’d have pizza chefs and pasta chefs working side-by-side, stepping on each others’ toes! That’s not appropriate right now, so we’ve reduced the dishes on our menu so our chefs don’t need to cross over work-stations.
Can I get COVID 19 from food?
- There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the virus can be transmitted through food. Plus, we’re doing everything we can to reduce the risk of virus transmission, through increased cleaning and hygiene protocols.
How do you make sure Prezzo staff don’t have COVID 19?
- We’re using daily health trackers for all of our team members. These must be completed every day, before they leave home. Our teams also have been provided with details of what they need to do if they’re experiencing symptoms themselves or have come into contact with someone with COVID19.
- Our team members are fully supported if they need to self-isolate and they have access to the latest health information and guidance via our internal app.
Why aren’t staff wearing gloves?
- The science tells us that hand washing and rigorous sanitation is much more effective than wearing gloves. Hand washing with warm water and soap breaks down the protective fatty layer of the virus and destroys it. Our teams also have constant access to hand sanitiser.
Why aren’t staff wearing masks?
- Face coverings are available for our team members if they want to wear them, UK government guidance only advises face masks for those in medical environments. Social distancing, rigorous cleaning regimes and increased hand-washing are far more effective in reducing the spread of coronavirus.
Why aren’t you giving out crayons for kids anymore?
- Unfortunately, we’ve had to stop handing out our crayons as they’re a cross-contamination risk. Our kids menus have lots of colouring so please do bring your own!